A colorful dish that’s healthy and delicious, what more can I ask for? That I get the chance to eat mangoes more often. 😉 What I consider at home as a regular fruit is exotic here, costs more and is seldom in the market. 🙁 These are the reasons why I’m grateful when I get ahold of them. Got this here, made very little adjustments but it’s just me.
nonstick cooking spray
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
¼ cup pineapple juice
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1 red bell pepper, cut
2 mangos, pitted and cut
¼ cup toasted, slivered almonds
ground black pepper to taste
2 cups cooked brown rice
1. Spray a large wok or skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Sauté chicken over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, stir together pineapple juice, soy sauce, and ginger. Add sauce and bell pepper to the skillet.
4. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes until peppers are crisp-tender.
5. Add the mango and almonds to the wok or skillet and cook until hot. Season with ground black pepper to taste.
6. Serve each cup of stir-fry over ½ cup of rice.